The local health authority in Milan insists the Derby della Madonnina will go ahead as long as Inter and Milan ‘stick scrupulously to the COVID protocol.’
There are fears the clash could be called off, as it is due to be played next Saturday, but Inter have five players out with COVID-19 and Milan two.
“There are protocols that were drawn up by and along with the Minister for Health and the FIGC, which we are respecting,” the ATS told news agency Adnkronos.
“If Inter and Milan stick scrupulously to the COVID protocol, observe isolation and have a swab before entering the stadium on the allowed day, we can only allow the negative players in and then allow them to continue the quarantine after the match.
“If the clubs abide by these rules, we will not intervene. If a player is in close contact with someone who tested positive, but he tested negative, then according to that protocol he can continue to train and play games.”
Question marks were raised when Napoli said they had been banned from travelling to Turin for the Juventus match after two positive cases in the squad.
Those were Piotr Zielinski and Eljif Elmas, who were already not making the journey due to their COVID-19 status, but the rest of the squad was told not to leave the Campania region.