PESCARA ? The Serie A is back and so too is Wivi l’Inter. Javier Zanetti and Fredy Guarin took centre stage at the Port of Pescara as Inter Channel’s Roberto Scarpini hosted an evening of fun and fund-raising at the Ex Cofa Pavilion. Bedy Moratti, Sergio Spairani and Fausto Sala were among the guests.
Close to 800 fans turned up to enjoy the company of their idols. But Wivi l’Inter’s visit to Pescara – organised by the Inter Club Coordination Centre for Abruzzo – was also an opportunity to raise funds for A.I.L.A., an Italian association that provides support for people with Lafora, a terrible and rare genetic disease.
The following Inter Clubs from the Abruzzo region were granted recognition for their achievements:
– IC Pescara, for being the club with most members (901, the 5th biggest Inter Club in world);
– IC Lanciano, the longest-running Inter Club in Abruzzo (set up 38 years ago, in 1974);
– IC Roccaspinalveti, the club that has organised the most trips to follow the team in Italy and abroad (60 outings in two years);
– IC Giulianova, the club with the biggest outlay spent on hosting Inter, Inter Club and Inter Campus representatives, as well as regional events;
– IC San Salvo, for its continued assistance to the Abruzzo coordinator (such as organising the regional bus and the annual ‘Cuore Nerazzurro’ initiative). The club has also received illustrious Interisti like Evaristo Beccalossi, Massimo Paganin and Gianfelice Facchetti over years.