Reports are growing in Italy that private equity fund Bc Partners are eager to invest in Inter and won’t rule out purchasing a majority share from Suning.
The Nerazzurri’s Chinese owners are seeking new investors to help bolster the coffers following the fallout from the Coronavirus pandemic on football clubs all over the world.
Suning have reiterated they have no intention of ceding their status as majority shareholders.
However, the Sole 24 Ore (Italy’s equivalent of the Financial Times) and Calcio e Finanza both report private equity fund Bc Partners are not just interested in a small investment and will take no option off the table.
They are in the preliminary stages of the process and still evaluating the situation, so won’t rule out a takeover.
Suning own 70 per cent of the Inter shares, with the other 30 per cent going to a Hong Kong based fund LionRock.