Borussia Dortmund Target Confirms Deal Agreed With Inter Following Agent’s Comments

Racing Club striker Lautaro Martinez has personally confirmed that he will be joining Inter Milan in the summer, admitting that “only details are missing” in what will be “a big step” for the 20-year-old.

It was his agent that broke the news earlier on Wednesday afternoon. Beto Yaque claimed that his client will have a €111m release clause written into his contract, and Inter executives promised that the team would be build around the striker – coach Luciano Spalletti looking to pair him up front with a strike partner.

[embedded content]

And now that the details have emerged of the move, Martinez himself has confirmed what his representative has claimed, and he seems excited for the switch:

“It’ll be a big step for me.” Martinez told ESPN (via Football Italia).

“Everything is finalised with Inter, only details are missing.”

At this moment in time, Martinez is away with the Argentina national squad – having been selected over soon to be Inter teammate Mauro Icardi, who has been in immaculate form this season at San Siro.


The youngster has opened up on his chance to represent his country, and seems very focused on the chance being offered to him, admitting that he wants to offer the very best he can, and learn from his teammates, such as Lionel Messi:

?I’m only thinking about giving the best of myself in these games,”

“I’ll use this opportunity to train with Messi.”

So far this season for Racing, Martinez has netted 15 goals in only 18 appearances, and has earned plaudits from allover Argentina. Whether he can carry that form through to Serie A is another question.

” data-viewability=”″>



‘I Always Wanted Argentina’: Inter Striker Admits to Declining Offers From Italy & Spain

Inter striker Mauro Icardi has admitted that he received offers from Italy and Spain when it came to representing a team at international level, but the relentless finisher maintains that it was his always dream to play for Argentina.

T?he Rosario born player recently broke the 100 goal mark in Serie A, following yet another devastating season in Italy at San Siro. First noticed by Italy at Sampdoria, Icardi tells of denying the country he currently plays in as well as Spain, and waiting for the call from Argentina.

[embedded content]

Eventually they came calling, and he duly accepted. Despite missing out on the current set of international friendlies, he seems glad to have chosen his nation of birth:

?“There was the possibility of going to the Italian national team,” Icardi told Italian magazine Rivista Undici (via Marca).

“They called me for the Under-21 and I fought with Sampdoria (his previous team) because I did not want to go, I wanted Argentina.


“The Spaniards also tried, they called my father, but I always wanted Argentina, and I got it, it has been difficult, but I reached my goal.”

Icardi made his name at Sampdoria, but his career started out in Catalonia, playing for Barcelona’s youth side up until the age of 15. However, he made the jump to Italy when it seemed a better route onto the big stage – and it appears he was right.

“I decided to go to Italy because I was convinced I could do better than in Spain,” the player admitted.

“I was immediately given the chance to play at high levels and that was my goal.”

” data-viewability=”″>


BVB Offer ‘Arrived Too Late’ As Argentine Striker Set to Complete €22m Inter Switch

Borussia Dortmund’s attempt to sign Argentine striker Lautaro Martínez have come to an end after Racing Club president Victor Blanco confirmed that the German side’s offer for the 20-year-old “arrived too late.”

Blanco insisted that Racing would honour an agreement with Italian outfit Internazionale that will see Martínez move to San Siro for roughly €22m.

The Racing striker has become one of the most sought-after players in the world over the last few months, with Atlético Madrid trying their luck at signing Martínez for €12m back in December.


However, the Argentina U20 international is set to put pen to paper on a deal at the San Siro during the summer after agreeing to personal terms with Inter during the last week.

We received an offer from Dortmund [on Monday] but Racing can’t do anything because we already have a deal in place with Inter and we will respect what we agreed,” Blanco told Argentinian radio Radio Continental.

“I also think the player has everything done with Inter. I really don’t see any chances of that being modified. I don’t think there is any other destination for Lautaro than Inter.”

(You may also like ?Borussia Dortmund Put OGC Nice Boss Lucien Favre Top of Summer Wishlist in Hunt for New Manager)

The Racing president later confirmed details of their agreement with Inter, confirming that the Superliga Argentina side would receive a 10% sell-on fee on top of Martínez’s initial transfer figure – estimated to be €22m.

“The only figure we know from the [Inter] deal is that of $27m before tax plus a 10 percent on a future sale,” Blanco added, quoted by ESPN. “We will then have to deduct the fee for [Martinez’s former club] Bahia Blanca, who own 20 percent of the player’s rights.”

” data-viewability=”″>



On-Loan West Ham Midfielder Joao Mario Declares: ‘Inter Are Part of My Past’

Joao Mario has called his parent club Internazionale ‘part of my past’ despite only being out on loan at ?West Ham.

Inter bought the Portuguese midfielder following his triumph at the European Championships in 2016. However, the 25-year-old struggled to fit in at the Serie A side, before his move to east London in January.


Although the midfielder is only on loan at West Ham, he has clearly decided that his time at Inter is over. Reports claim that the Hammers have a €40m option to make his move permanent at the end of the season, while the player himself seems determined to move on from Italy.

“I’m in a new league and I’m trying to adapt quickly,” the Portuguese international told reporters (via Football Italia).

“I’m happy with my new adventure and I hope to finish the season well. Inter are part of my past now. I could have played more, but football is about that too. Now I’m happy and that’s what matters most.”

” data-viewability=”″>

Despite featuring in every fixture for the London side since his arrival, the midfielder’s future remains somewhat ?uncertain. Inter are reportedly keen to sell the 25-year-old in the summer, while one ?report suggests Roma may be his next port of call, with a swap deal involving Kevin Strootman in the works.


Southampton Set to Challenge Juventus & Inter in Summer Transfer Battle Over Sampdoria Star

?Premier League strugglers Southampton are eyeing a move for Belgium and Sampdoria midfielder Dennis Praet during the summer transfer window, according to ?Calciomercato.

However, the Saints will have stiff competition for his signature, as Serie A titans Juventus and Inter Milan are also interested in the 23-year-old. The attacking midfielder had 27 goals and 39 assists in 182 appearances for Anderlecht before joining Sampdoria in 2016, where he’s scored one goal and tallied four assists across all competitions.

Praet, who has one cap for Belgium, has ?been previously compared to Barcelona great Andres Iniesta by former Anderlecht teammate Tom De Sutter, as he claimed: “Dennis plays like Iniesta. He’s got good technique, he’s solid, holds on to the ball well, keeps things simple and doesn’t panic. His vision of the game is incredible.”

Praet’s creativity would aid a Southampton squad that has struggled to find the net this season, scoring just 29 goals (tied for sixth fewest in the league) a big reason why the club currently sits in the relegation zone in 18th place.

In stark contrast to Southampton, Praet’s other suitors Juventus and Inter sit first and fourth in Serie A respectively.

Newcastle United v Southampton - Premier League

?This isn’t the first time Praet has drawn interest from a Premier League side. In August last year, Newcastle had a reported £17.5m bid rejected by Sampdoria, whilst Everton were also said to be interested.

But Sampdoria were able to hang on to Praet, and once the transfer window shut last summer he ?spoke about the saga: “I didn’t want to leave. I love this club and the president is a special person. He has a great approach with footballers and that’s a huge difference compared to [former club] Anderlecht. I know Sampdoria received some offers for me but I didn’t even talk with any other club as there was no agreement between them.”

” data-viewability=”″>

However, Praet did add he’d be “happy” to go to the Premier League one day. Whether that means joining Southampton remains to be seen, as the club are currently fighting for Premier League survival, and the lure of Juventus and Inter may be too strong to turn down for the young Belgian.